An introduction to nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Alain Nouailhat.
- London : ISTE ; Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, 2008.
- Physical description
- xix, 206 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Nouailhat, Alain.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -196) and index.
- Chapter 1. What are the nanos? Chapter 2. A bit of science to understand the nanoworld. Chapter 3. The revolution of the observation and imaging. Chapter 4. The marriage of hardware and software or the intelligence engraved on silicon. Chapter 5. Mechanisms of life. Chapter 6. Applications of the nanotechnologies. Chapter 7. The nanos change the world. List of Authors. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781848210073 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book recalls the basics required for an understanding of the nanoworld (quantum physics, molecular biology, micro and nanoelectronics) and gives examples of applications in various fields: materials, energy, devices, data management and life sciences. It is clearly shown how the nanoworld is at the crossing point of knowledge and innovation. Written by an expert who spent a large part of his professional life in the field, the title also gives a general insight into the evolution of nanosciences and nanotechnologies. The reader is thus provided with an introduction to this complex area with different "tracks" for further personal comprehension and reflection. This guided and illustrated tour also reveals the importance of the nanoworld in everyday life.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781848210073 20160528
- Publication date
- "Part of this book adapted from "Introduction aux nanosciences et aux nanotechnologies" published in France by Hermes Science/Lavoisier in 2006"--T.p. verso.
- Related Work
- Introduction aux nanosciences et aux nanotechnologies.
- 9781848210073 (hbk.)
- 1848210078 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: