A defence of the constitutions of government of the United States of America
- by John Adams, LL. D., and a member of the Academy of Arts and Sciences at Boston.
- Philadelphia : Printed for Hall and Sellers; J. Crukshank; and Young and M'Culloch, 1787.
- Physical description
- xx, , 4-390 p. ; 18 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
- Adams, John, 1735-1826.
- Constitutional history > United States > Early works to 1800.
- Republics > Early works to 1800.
- Political science > Early works to 1800.
- Publication date
- A reprint of v. 1, which was first issued at London as a complete work.
- Signatures: a⁶ B-2L⁶.
- ESTC (BL), W20113.
- Evans 20176
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC JFL-213): The Jay Fliegelman Library of Association copies. Provenance: Bibliotheque du Château de Valençay (bookplate); Theophile Barrois (bookseller's label).
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC TAN-265): The Charles J. Tanenbaum Collection of the Eighteenth Century. Provenance: Robt Lewis (signature).
Browse related items
Start at call number: