Superconductivity research advances
- James E. Nolan, editor.
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2008.
- Physical description
- xv, 296 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Horizons in world physics ; v. 261.
- Nolan, James E., 1954-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface-- Advances in Superconducting Intercalated Graphite-- Superconductors with Topological Order and their Realisation in Josephson Junction Arrays-- Probing the Order Parameter Symmetry of Unconventional Superconductors by Josephson Effects-- Superconductivity in Highly Correlated Systems-- What is a Cooper Pair?-- Comparative Study of Statistics of Cooper's Electron Pairs in Low-Temperature Superconductors and Coupled Holes Pairs in High Ceramics-- Competition between Superconductivity and Charge Carrier Localisation in Plumbates-- Phases and Phase Transitions in Spin-Triplet Ferromagnetic Superconductors-- Extrinsic Pseudogaps in Multiband Superconductors-- Minimisation of the Gibbs Free-Energy Functional and Topological Boundary Conditions-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781600216916 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Superconductivity is the ability of certain materials to conduct electrical current with no resistance and extremely low losses. High temperature superconductors, such as La2-xSrxCuOx (Tc=40K) and YBa2Cu3O7-x (Tc=90K), were discovered in 1987 and have been actively studied since. In spite of an intense, world-wide, research effort during this time, a complete understanding of the copper oxide (cuprate) materials is still lacking. Many fundamental questions are unanswered, particularly the mechanism by which high-Tc superconductivity occurs. More broadly, the cuprates are in a class of solids with strong electron-electron interactions. An understanding of such "strongly correlated" solids is perhaps the major unsolved problem of condensed matter physics with over ten thousand researchers working on this topic. This book presents new and important research from around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781600216916 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Horizons in world physics ; v. 261
- Errata slip inserted.
- 9781600216916 (hardcover)
- 1600216919 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: