Particle physics : a comprehensive introduction
- Abraham Seiden.
- San Francisco : Addison Wesley, c2005.
- Physical description
- xiv, 473 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC793.2 .S42 2005||Unknown|
- Seiden, A. (Abraham)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 449-453) and index.
- 1. The Particle Physics Program. 2. How to Calculate Amplitudes. 3. Scattering of Leptons and Photons. 4. Hadrons. 5. Isospin and Flavor SU(3), Accidental Symmetries. 6. The Constituent Quark Model. 7. The Full Color Gauge Theory. 8. Weak Interactions of Fermions. 9. Weak Mixing Phenomena. 10.The Electroweak Gauge Theory and Symmetry Breaking. 11. Large Cross Section Processes. 12. Scattering with Large Momentum Transfer. 13. Physics at Higher Energies. Appendix A. Conventions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780805387360 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Abraham Seiden brings more than 40 years of teaching and research experience to this advanced introductory particle-physics text. Designed for advanced undergraduates and graduate students in physics, Particle Physics: A Comprehensive Introduction provides the most complete and up-to-date introduction available. The author focuses on the basic principles of particle physics, using recent research data to illustrate key concepts, and provides a wealth of step-by-step calculations to develop students' understanding of core principles.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780805387360 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: