The red book [art original]
- [Bing Xu]
- [S.l. : s.n.], 1999
- Physical description
- 1 object ; 11 x 10 x 1 cm
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Locked stacks (Small): Ask at circulation desk. (Permission required from Art Librarian.)
|N7349 .X8 R4 1999||Missing|
|N7349 .X8 R4 1999||In-library use|
- Xu, Bing, 1955-
- Publication date
- A pack of Chinese brand "Zhong hua" cigarettes with English text printed on 12 cigarettes.
- Art and Architecture Library copy 1 has printed on cigarettes: "In order to build a great socialist society it is of the utmost importance to arouse the broad masses of women to join in productive activity. Men and women must receive equal pay for equal work in production. Genuine equality between the sexes can only be realized in the process of the socialist transformation of society as a whole." (Introductory note to "Women Have Gone to the Labour Front" (1955)) and is marked "II/X 12".
- Art and Architecture Library copy 2 has English translations of Mao Zedong's words ("Opening address at the eighth national cogress of the communist party of China" Sept. 15, 1956) printed on 12 cigarettes.
- Use restricted: requires permission of Art Librarian for viewing.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: