Serenade no. 1 [sound recording]
- Brahms. Quintet op. 39 ; Overture on Hebrew themes / Prokofiev. Negro folk symphony / Dawson. Night music / Swanson.
- Uniform Title
- Serenades, orchestra, no. 1, op. 11, D major
- Hamburg : Deutsche Grammophon, p2007.
- Physical description
- 2 sound discs : digital, stereo., mono. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Original masters (Deutsche Grammophon (Firm))
At the library
- Release date
- Production date
- Original masters
- Deutsche Grammophon: 00289 477 6502 (00289 477 6503--00289 477 6504).
- The 1st and 4th works for orchestra; the 2nd work for oboe, clarinet, violin, viola, and double bass; the 3rd work originally for clarinet, piano, and string quartet, heard here for clarinet, piano, 2 violins, viola, violoncello, and double bass; the 5th work for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, 2 violins, viola, violoncello, and double bass.
- The 4th work is the revised 1952 version.
- Compact discs.
- Durations: 44:37; 18:54; 7:38; 35:44; 9:43.
- Includes program notes in English, French, and German on insert.
- New York Ensemble of the Philharmonic Scholarship Winners (Sebastian Caratelli (5th work), flute ; Martin Leskow (2nd work), Albert Goltzer (5th work), oboe ; Abe Goldstein (2nd work), David Weber (3rd, 5th works), clarinet ; Harold Goltzer (5th work), bassoon ; Jacques Margolies (2nd-3rd, 5th works), Samuel Weiss (3rd, 5th works), violin ; David Katz, (2nd-3rd, 5th works), viola ; Avron Twerdowsky (3rd, 5th works), violoncello ; Fred Zimmerman, (2nd work), double bass ; William Masselos (3rd work), piano) ; Symphony of the Air (1st work) ; American Symphony Orchestra (4th work) ; Leopold Stokowski (1st, 4th works), Dimitri Mitropoulos (2nd-3rd, 5th works), conductor.
- Recorded in New York City on Apr. 25, 1950 (2nd work), Oct. 4, 1950 (3rd, 5th works), Nov. 21-25, 1960 (1st work), and June 2-4, 1963 (4th work).
- Publisher Number
- 00289 477 6502--00289 477 6504 Deutsche Grammophon
Browse related items
Start at call number: