Fundamentals of magnetism
- Mathias Getzlaff.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xiv, 387 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC753.2 .G48 2008||Unknown|
- Getzlaff, Mathias.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -357) and index.
- Introduction.- Magnetism of Atoms.- Solid State Magnetism.- Magnetic Interactions.- Collective Magnetism.- Broken Symmetry.- Magnetic Anisotropy Effects.- Magnetic Domain Structures.- Magnetization Dynamics.- Magnetism in Reduced Dimensions - Atoms.- Magnetism in Reduced Dimensions - Clusters.- Magnetism in Reduced Dimensions - Nanoparticles.- Magnetism in Reduced Dimensions - Nanoscaled Wires.- Magnetism in Reduced Dimensions - Single Thin Films.- Magnetism in Reduced Dimensions - Multilayers.- Magnetoresistivity.- Applications.- Solutions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540311508 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- In the last decade a tremendous progress has taken place in understanding the basis of magnetism, especially in reduced dimensions. In the first part, the fundamentals of magnetism are conveyed for atoms and bulk-like solid-state systems providing a basis for the understanding of new phenomena which exclusively occur in low-dimensional systems as the giant magneto resistance. This wide field is discussed in the second part and illustrated by copious examples. This textbook is particularly suitable for graduate students in physical and materials sciences. It includes numerous examples, exercises, and references.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540311508 20160528
- Publication date
- "With 292 figures and 18 tables."
- 3540311505 (hbk.)
- 9783540311508 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: