Carbon nanotubes : advanced topics in the synthesis, structure, properties and applications
- Ado Jorio, Gene Dresselhaus, Mildred S. Dresselhaus (eds.).
- Berlin : Springer-Verlag c2008.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 720 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Topics in applied physics v. 111.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TA455 .C3 C36 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Perspectives on carbon nanotube research and application.- Applications.- Carbon nanotube metrology.- Carbon nanotube synthesis and organization.- Mechanical and Thermal Transport Properties of Carbon Nanotubes: Recent Advances.- Quasiparticle and excitonic effects in the optical response of nanotubes and nanoribbons.- Role of the Aharonov--Bohm phase in the optical properties of carbon nanotubes.- Excitonic states and resonance Raman spectroscopy of single-wall carbon nanotubes.- Photoluminescence: science and applications.- Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Carbon Nanotubes.- Rayleigh scattering.- New techniques for carbon nanotube study and characterization.- High Magnetic Field Phenomena in Carbon Nanotubes.- Opto-electronics/Photoconductivity.- Electrical Transport in Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes.- Double wall carbon nanotubes.- Doped Carbon nanotubes: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications.- Electrochemistry of Carbon Nanotubes.- Single-Wall Carbon Nanohorns and Nanocones.- Inorganic nanotubes and fullerene-like structures.- Electron and Phonon Properties of Graphene: Their Relationship with Carbon Nanotubes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540728641 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The carbon nanotubes field has evolved substantially since the publication of the bestseller "Carbon Nanotubes: Synthesis, Structure, Properties and Applications". The present volume builds on the generic aspects of the aforementioned book, which emphasizes the fundamentals, with the new volume emphasizing areas that have grown rapidly since the first volume, guiding future directions where research is needed and highlighting applications. The volume also includes an emphasis on areas like graphene, other carbon-like and other tube-like materials because these fields are likely to affect and influence developments in nanotubes in the next 5 years.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540728641 20160528
- Publication date
- Topics in applied physics ; v. 111
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9783540728658 (e-ISBN)
- 3540728651 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: