Psychology of women : a handbook of issues and theories
- edited by Florence L. Denmark and Michele A. Paludi ; foreword by Bernice Lott.
- 2nd ed.
- Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2008.
- Physical description
- xx, 786 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Women's psychology (Westport, Conn.)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Florence L. Denmark and Michele Paludi
- Historical development of the psychology of women / Florence L. Denmark ... [et al.]
- Women of color : perspectives on "multiple identities" in psychological theory, research, and practice / June Chisholm and Beverly Greene
- International aspects of the development of the psychology of women and gender / Marilyn P. Safir and Kareen Hill
- Feminist perspectives on research methods / Jeri Sechzer and Vita Carulli Rabinowitz
- Meta-analysis in the psychology of women / Janet Shibley Hyde and Shelly Grabe
- Courses in the psychology of women : catalysts for change / Michele Paludi ... [et al.]
- Gender stereotypes / Mary Kite, Kay Deaux, and Elizabeth L. Haines
- Girls to women : developmental theory, research, and issues / Pamela Trotman Reid, Shauna M. Cooper, and Kira Hudson Banks
- Women in the middle and later years / Claire Etaugh
- Theories of female personality / Phyllis Katz
- Women's friendships and romantic relationships / Donna Castañeda and Alyson L. Burns-Glover
- Women's health : biological and social systems / Cheryl Brown Travis and Andrea L. Meltzer
- The menstrual cycle in a biopsychosocial context / Joan Chrisler
- Women and mental health / Nancy Felipe Russo and Jessica Tartaro
- Diverse women's sexualities / Ruth E. Fassinger and Julie R. Arseneau
- Understanding and preventing rape / Courtney E. Ahrens ... [et al.]
- Intimate partner violence : perspectives on research and intervention / Maureen C. McHugh, Nicole Livingston, and Irene H. Frieze
- Violence against women : international workplace sexual harassment and domestic violence / Janet Sigal and Vidal Annan Jr.
- Women and achievement / Martha Mednick and Veronica Thomas
- Work and family roles : selected issues / Julia R. Steinberg, Maren True, and Nancy Felipe Russo
- Women and leadership / Jean Lau Chin
- Women's career development / Nancy E. Betz.
- Publisher's Summary
- The first edition of this comprehensive handbook was reviewed as the definitive reference work and tool for research on women's psychology, and was named Choice Outstanding Academic Book, 1994. This new edition updates and expands the content to include the newest research in this young field. With more than 50 percent of the content new compared to the 1993 edition, this will be of wide interest to students and scholars of women's psychology.Written by more than a dozen of the most eminent psychologists in this field, the chapters include historical developments in the study of the psychology of women, insights into women's psychology at stages from conception to senior years, gender stereotypes, and women's friendships as well as romantic relationships. Chapters also address women's health issues from premenstrual syndrome to rape, intimate partner violence and sexual harassment. Women's work life - from achievement to career development and the integration of work and family roles - is also included.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Women's psychology
- 9780275991623 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0275991628 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: