Battleground : women, gender, and sexuality
- edited by Amy Lind and Stephanie Brzuzy.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- 2 v. ; 27 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1 A-L
- v. 2 M-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- Whether in the home or in the public arenas of media, work, sports, politics, art or religion, women often become embroiled as subjects in the political, social, and cultural debates in America. People on all areas of the political landscape see women in diverse and conflicting ways -- as either "too liberated" or "not liberated enough, " or whether and how gender and sexual roles are rooted in either biology or culture. Battleground: Women, Gender, and Sexuality helps readers navigate contemporary issues and debates pertaining to women's lives in the United States and globally. This work examines how science and culture intertwine to influence how we think about our identities, desires, relationships, and societal roles today. Battleground: Women, Gender, and Sexuality comprises lengthy, in-depth discussions of the most timely issues that are debated in today's culture, such as: Birth Control BLComparable Worth BLDisability and Gender BLGlass Ceiling BLImmigration BLPlastic Surgery, Tatooing, and Piercing BLSame-Sex Marriage BLSexual Assault and Sexual Harrassment Each essay provides a balanced overview of these hot-button topics, and a list of works for Further Reading after each entry serves as a stepping-stone to more in-depth material for students who are writing papers or researching reports.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313340390 20160527
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Women and gender
- 9780313340376 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313340374 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780313340383 (vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313340382 (vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313340390 (vol. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0313340390 (vol. 2 : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: