Linearization methods for stochastic dynamic systems
- L. Socha.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer Verlag ; c2008.
- Physical description
- viii, 383 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 730.
- Socha, Lesław.
- Introduction.- Mathematical Preliminaries.- Moment Equations or Linear Stochastic Dynamic Systems (LSDS).- Moment Equations for Nonlinear Stochastic Dynamic Systems (NSDS).- Statistical Linearizaiton of Stochastic Dynamic Systems Under External Excitations.- Equivalent Linearization of STochastic Dynamic Systems Under External Excitation.- Nonlinearization Methods.- Linearization of Dynamic Systems With Stochastic Parametric Excitations.- Applications of Linearization Techniques in Vibration Analysis of Stochastic Mechanical Structures.- Accuracy of Linearization Techniques.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540729969 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- For most cases of interest, exact solutions to nonlinear equations describing stochastic dynamical systems are not available. The aim of this book is to give a systematic introduction to and overview of the relatively simple and popular linearization methods available. The scope is limited to models with continuous external and parametric excitations, yet these cover the majority of known approaches. The book contains an application chapter with emphasis on vibration analysis of stochastic mechanical structures as well as a chapter devoted to the assessment of the accuracy of the theoretical methods presented, both with respect to numerical and to experimental studies. The material derives partly from graduate course notes developed by the author for courses and seminars over the past 20 years.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540729969 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics ; 730
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: