On becoming a woman leader : learning from the experiences of university presidents
- Susan R. Madsen ; foreword by Reba Keele.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2008.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 321 p. ; 24 cm.
- Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2341 .M257 2008||Unknown|
- Madsen, Susan R.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 297-310) and index.
- Credits. Foreword. Preface. The Author. Part I: Youth. 1. Introduction. 2. Family Background and Childhood. 3. Adolescence. 4. College Years. Part II: Adulthood. 5. Career Paths and Barriers. 6. Influential Individuals. 7. Developmental Activities. 8. Other Life Roles. Part III: Leadership. 9. Leadership Motivation, Styles, and Philosophies. 10. Presidential Advice and Perspectives. Appendix A: Research Methods. Appendix B: Interview Categories. Appendix C: Previous Positions Held by the Ten Women Presidents. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470197622 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Based on years of research, this book provides an analysis of the data gathered from extensive interviews with university presidents. Each of these women offers candid information about their lifelong journey to becoming a leader. They reveal their childhood and adolescent experiences including facts about their personality, schooling, activities, leadership positions, employment, influential individuals, significant events, opportunities, awards, recognitions, college plans, and goals. The discussion about the leaders' college years provides insight into what influenced their leadership development, decisions, and perspectives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470197622 20160528
- Publication date
- The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- 9780470197622 (cloth)
- 0470197625 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: