"Turn it again" : Jewish medieval studies and literary theory
- edited by Sheila Delany.
- Eugene, Or. : Wipf & Stock, 2007.
- Physical description
- 234 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Delany, Sheila.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Sheila Delany
- Jewish studies and the medieval historian / William Chester Jordan
- A tale of two synods : Nicaea, Yavneh, and rabbinic ecclesiology / Daniel Boyarin
- "Turn it and turn it again" : culture and Talmud interpretation / Michael Chernick
- Jewish women martyrs : changing models of representation / Susan Einbinder
- Ontology, affinity, and ethics in Kabbalistic anthropology / Elliot R. Wolfson
- Sexual politics in a medieval Hebrew marriage debate / Tova Rosen
- Alonso de Caragena : nation, miscegenation, and the Jew in late-medieval Castile / Bruce Rosenstock
- Cultural hybridity, cultural subversion : text and image in the Alba Bible, 1422-33 / Sonia Fellous
- Women, demons and the rabbi's son : narratology and "A story from worms" / Chanita Goodblatt.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- "Previously published by Pegasus Press, 2004"--T.p. verso.
- " ... the first version of this project, a guest-edited special issue of Exemplaria (12.1, 2000)"--P. .
- 9781556354427 (pbk.)
- 1556354428 (pbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: