Moral education : a handbook
- edited by F. Clark Power ... [et al.].
- Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2008.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xlii, 542 p.) ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: v.1-
|LC268 .M667 2008 V.1||Unknown|
|LC268 .M667 2008 V.2||Unknown|
- Power, F. Clark.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -481) and index.
- v. 1. A-L
- v. 2. M-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- This work delves into the topic of moral education in America's K-12 schools. Following an introductory historical chapter, it analyzes salient topics and notable leaders in the field of moral education. It treats the issues thoroughly and fairly, providing a heightened understanding of both the major and minor themes in moral education. Subjects covered include: accelerated christian education, benevolence, bullying, caring, character development, cheating, civic education, commitment, counseling, democratic schools, discipline, drug and alcohol education, empathy, faith, friendship, hidden curriculum, honesty, justice, moral agency, peer influence, positive psychology, respect, responsibility, self-esteem, social development, sports, violence, and virtue ethics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313346484 20160527
- Publication date
- 9780313336478 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313336474 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780313346460 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313346461 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313346484 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0313346488 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: