Moral education : a handbook
- edited by F. Clark Power ... [et al.].
- Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2008.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xlii, 542 p.) ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: v.1-
|LC268 .M667 2008 V.1||Unknown|
|LC268 .M667 2008 V.2||Unknown|
- Power, F. Clark.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -481) and index.
- v. 1. A-L
- v. 2. M-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- Following an introductory historical chapter, this work analyzes salient topics and notable leaders in the field of moral education. It treats the issues thoroughly and fairly, providing a heightened understanding of both the major and minor themes in moral education. Subjects covered herein include: accelerated Christian education, bullying, caring, character development, cheating, civic education, commitment, counseling, democratic schools, discipline, drug and alcohol education, honesty, justice, moral agency, peer influence, positive psychology, responsibility, self-esteem, social development, violence, and virtue ethics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780313336478 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313336474 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780313346460 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313346461 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313346484 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0313346488 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: