Aida [videorecording] : musical drama
- by Giuseppe Verdi ; Allied Artists presents ; an Oscar Film production.
- Uniform Title
- Aida (Motion picture)
- Italian, English. Sung in Italian, with narration in English.
- Long Island City, NY : Qualiton, 
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (91 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Loren, Sophia, 1934- Performer
- Maxwell, Lois. Performer
- Della Marra, Luciano. Performer
- Poli, Afro Performer
- Cassinelli, Antonio Performer
- Tebaldi, Renata Performer
- Stignani, Ebe Performer
- Campora, Giuseppe. Performer
- Bechi, Gino. Performer
- Neri, Giulio Performer
- Morelli, Giuseppe, 1907-1998. Conductor
- Fracassi, Clemente, 1917-1992.
- Teatro dell'opera (Rome, Italy). Corpo di ballo. Performer
- Orchestra di Roma della Radio italiana. Performer
- Qualiton (Firm)
- The action takes place in ancient Egypt, and tells of the love of Radames, the captain of the guard, for a slave girl, Aida. She is the daughter of the King of Ethiopia, who is captured by Radames and the Egyptian troops. Tricked into betraying military secrets, Radames is condemned to be buried alive. He is joined by Aida, who dies with him. In this version, the actors lip-sync the songs.
- Included Work
- Verdi, Giuseppe, 1813-1901. Aïda.
- Publication date
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1953.
- Production Credits
- Direction and screenplay by Clemente Fracassi.
- Sophia Loren (Aida; singing voice: Renata Tebaldi) ; Lois Maxwell (Amneris; singing voice: Ebe Stignani) ; Luciano Della Marra (Radames; singing voice: Giusppe Campora) ; Afro Poli (Amonsaro; singing voice: Gino Bechi) ; Antonio Cassineli (Ramfis; singing voice: Giulio Neri) ; Rome Opera Ballet Corps ; Italian State Radio Orchestra ; Giuseppe Morelli, conductor.
- DVD, full screen presentation; soundtrack in digital surround.
- Publisher Number
- DVD-616 Qualiton
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: