Eliminating healthcare disparities in America : beyond the IOM report
- edited by Richard Allen Williams.
- Totowa, N.J. : Humana Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 398 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Williams, Richard Allen, 1936-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Table of Contents Preface Richard Allen Williams, M.D. Introduction The Honorable Jesse L. Jackson, Jr. Foreward Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, M.D. Acknowledgements Richard Allen Williams, M.D. Underlying Causes of Healthcare Disparities 1. Historical Perspectives on Healthcare Disparities: Is the Past Prologue? Richard Allen Williams, M.D. 2. Epidemiology of Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health and Healthcare George A. Mensah, M.D. , FACP, FACC Maleeka Glover, ScD, MPH 3. Cultural Diversity in Medicine and in Healthcare Delivery Richard Allen Williams, M.D. Current Problems 4. Healthcare and the Politics of Race M. Gregg Bloche, M.D., J.D. 5. Barriers to Eliminating Disparities in Clinical Practice: Lessons From the IOM Report Joseph R. Betancourt, M.D., M.P.H. Angela Maina, B.S. 6. Second-Class Medicine: Implications of Evidence-Based Medicine for Improving Minority Access to the Correct Pharmaceutical Therapy Randall W. Maxey, M.D., Ph.D. Richard Allen Williams, M.D. John Sankofa 7. The Diversity Benefit: How Does Diversity Among Health Professionals Address Public Needs? Brian D. Smedley, Ph. D. Approaches to Correcting the Problems 8. The Role of Health Plans in Eliminating Disparities John W. Rowe, M.D. Laura Donna, M.B.A. 9. Eliminating Healthcare Disparities Through Quality Improvement Kevin Fiscella, M.D., M.P.H. 10. Eliminating Racial Discrimination in Healthcare: A Call for State Healthcare Anti-Discrimination Law Vernellia R. Randall, M.S.N., J.D. 11. Quality of Care and Health Disparities: The Evolving Role of Government Garth N. Graham, M.D., M.P.H. 12. The Role of Communities in Eliminating Disparities in Healthcare: Getting Down to the Grass Roots JudyAnn Bigby, M.D. 13. The Potential Impact of Performance Incentive Programs on Racial Disparities in Healthcare Alyna Chien, M.D., M.S. Examples of What Works 14. Monitoring Socioeconomic Determinants for Healthcare Disparities : Tools From the Public Health Disparities Geocoding Project Nancy Krieger, Ph.D. 15. The Association of Black Cardiologists: A Small-Group Success Story Richard Allen Williams, M.D. 16. Breathe Easy In Seattle: Addressing Asthma Disparities Through Healthier Housing James Krieger, M.D., M.P.H. Tim K. Takaro, M.D., M.P.H., M.S. Janice Rabkin, M.P.H., Ph. D. 17. Access Health Solutions: A Minority Physician Network Model That Works Kathy B. Jackson, Ph. D. 18. Carolinas Association for Community Health Equity-CACHE: A Role Model for Community Health Organizations Yele Aluko, M.D. Concluding Recommendations 19. Principles for Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Healthcare John Z. Ayanian, M.D., M.P.P. Richard Allen Williams, M.D. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781934115428 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781934115428 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1934115428 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781597454858 (ebk.)
- 1597454850 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: