Environmentally conscious transportation
- edited by Myer Kutz.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2008.
- Physical description
- xvii, 350 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Wiley series in environmentally conscious engineering.
- Kutz, Myer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ContributorsPreface1. The Economic and Environmental Footprints of Transportation (Lester B. Lave and Michael W. Griffin)2. Public Transportation and the Environment (Michael D. Meyer)3. Transportation and Air Quality (Mohan M. Venigalla)4. The Social Cost of Motor-Vehicle Use in the U.S. (Mark A. Dulucchi)5. Traffic Congestion Management (Nagui M. Rouphail)6. Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Design and Performance (Andrew Burke)7. Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicles (Amin M. Motlagh, Mohammad Abuhaiba, Mohammad H. Elahinia, and Walter Olson)8. Biofuels for Transportation (Aaron Smith, Cesar Granda, and Mark Holtzapple)9. Life Cycle Assessment as a Tool for Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure (Gerardo W. Flintsch)10. Pavement and Bridge Management and Maintenance (Sue McNeil)11. Impacts of the Aviation Sector on the EnvironmentIndex.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471793694 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The "Wiley Series in Environmentally Conscious Engineering" will be made up of a number of contributed books, each covering a broad subset of information. Titles already under contract include: "Environmentally Conscious Mechanical Design", "Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing", "Environmentally Conscious Material and Chemical Processing", and "Environmentally Conscious Alternative Energy Production". The target market for the series will be practicing professionals, both engineers and managers, and upper level engineering students.This fifth volume is at the same level of writing and audience. "Environmentally Conscious Transportation" will provide a foundation for understanding and implementing methods for reducing the environmental impact of all forms of transportation - road, rail, air, and sea, and of both people and goods, including raw, as well as toxic, materials. Contributors will present relevant practical and analytic techniques that contribute to enhancing the integrity and reliability of transportation vehicles and infrastructure, as well as measuring and limiting the pollution caused by transportation activities. Chapters will cover: environmental effects of urban and regional transportation networks, contribution of Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) to improving the environmental consequences of transportation systems, electric and hybrid vehicle design, uses of transportation vehicle waste products/discarded vehicles, and transportation fuels environmental impact evaluation and others.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471793694 20160528
- Publication date
- Wiley series in environmentally conscious engineering
- 9780471793694 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 0471793698 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: