Handbook of water analysis
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- xiv, 769 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
QD142 .H36 2007
- Unknown QD142 .H36 2007
- Nollet, Leo M. L., 1948-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sampling Methods in Surface Waters, M. Mortimer, J. Muller, and M. Liess Methods of Treatment of Data, R. Leardi Radioanalytical Methodology for Water Analysis, J.S. Alvarado Bacteriological Analysis of Water, P. Chigbu and D. Sobolev Marine Toxins Analysis, L.M. Botana, A. Alfonso, C. Louzao, M.R. Vieytes, and M.R. Velasco Halogens, G. Nagy and L. Nagy Analysis of Sulfur Compounds in Water, L. Coll and L.M.L. Nollet Phosphates, P. Monbet and I.D. McKelvie Cyanides, M. Noroozifar Asbestos in Water, J.S. Webber Heavy Metals, Major Metals, Trace Elements, J.E. Marcovecchio, S.E. Botte, and R.H. Freije Determination of Silicon and Silicates, S.M. Sultan Main Parameters and Assays Involved with Organic Pollution of Water, C.E. Domini, L. Vidal, and A. Canals Determination of Organic Nitrogen and Urea, S. Cozzi and M. Giani Organic Acids, S. Peldszus Determination of Phenolic Compounds in Water, T. Berhanu and J. A... Jonsson Characterization of Freshwater Humic Matter, J. Peuravuori and K. Pihlaja Analysis of Pesticides in Water, E.B. Tribaldo Fungicide and Herbicide Residues in Water, S. Bogialli and A. Di Corcia Polychlorobiphenyls, A. Ceccarini and S. Giannarelli Determination of PCDDs and PCDFs in Water, L. Turrio-Baldassarri, A.L. Iamiceli, and S. Alivernini Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons, C. Anyakora Analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds in Water, I.P.R. Falco and M.N. Moya Analysis of Surfactants in Samples from the Aquatic Environment, B. Thiele and L.M.L. Nollet Analysis of Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Water, G.G. Ying Residues of Plastics, C. Sablayrolles, M. Montrejaud-Vignoles, M. Treilhou, and L.M.L. Nollet Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Extensively revised and updated, "Handbook of Water Analysis, Second Edition" provides current analytical techniques for detecting compounds in water samples. Maintaining the detailed and accessible style of the original, this edition demonstrates water sampling and preservation methods by enumerating different ways to measure chemical and radiological characteristics and giving step-by-step descriptions of separation, residue determination, and clean-up techniques for a variety of fresh- and salt-water. It reveals new information regarding the analysis of endocrine disrupting compounds and residues of plastics and contains four new chapters on acrylamide, trihalomethanes, phthalates, and volatile organic compounds in water.By organizing data into more than 300 tables, graphs, and charts, and supplementing the text with equations and illustrations, the editor distills a wealth of knowledge into a single accessible reference. Contributions from notable international scientists cover sampling methods, the treatment of data, and analyses of specific compounds, their assessment, and their toxicological, chemical, and environmental properties. The book summarizes problems with radionucleotides in the environment, presents techniques for measuring isotopes in water, explains analytical methods for detecting sulfur compounds, and provides practical guidelines and protocols for identifying the chemistry, occurrence, and significance of surfactants in water.It describes traditional distillation and gas-chromatography, including extraction and derivation steps, and the use of ion chromatography and capillary electrophoresis. It also highlights new methods for separating organic nitrogen compounds and discusses techniques for identifying metals, silicon, and asbestos in water samples. Offering up-to-date analytical techniques in an easily accessible format, "Handbook of Water Analysis, Second Edition" provides ecotoxicologists, environmental scientists, as well as the food and beverage industry an essential reference on the detection of contaminants in water.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Leo M.L. Nollet.
- 9780849370335 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0849370337 (hbk. : alk. paper)