Principles of chemical kinetics
- James E. House.
- 2nd ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Academic Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- x, 326 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
QD502 .H68 2007
- Unknown QD502 .H68 2007
- House, J. E.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fundamental ideas of kinetics
- Kinetics of more complex systems
- Techniques and methods
- Reactions in the gas phase
- Reactions in solutions
- Enzyme catalysis
- Kinetics of reactions in the solid state
- Nonisothermal methods in kinetics
- Additional applications of kinetics.
- Publisher's Summary
- James House's revised "Principles of Chemical Kinetics" provides a clear and logical description of chemical kinetics in a manner unlike any other book of its kind. Clearly written with detailed derivations, the text allows students to move rapidly from theoretical concepts of rates of reaction to concrete applications. Unlike other texts, House presents a balanced treatment of kinetic reactions in gas, solution, and solid states. The entire text has been revised and includes many new sections and an additional chapter on applications of kinetics. The topics covered include quantitative relationships between molecular structure and chemical activity, organic/inorganic chemistry, biochemical kinetics, surface kinetics and reaction mechanisms.Chapters also include new problems, with answers to selected questions, to test the reader's understanding of each area. A solutions manual with answers to all questions is available for instructors. A useful text for both students and interested readers alike, Dr. House has once again written a comprehensive text simply explaining an otherwise complicated subject. This title provides an introduction to all the major areas of kinetics and demonstrates the use of these concepts in real life applications. Detailed derivations of formula are shown to help students with a limited background in mathematics. It presents a balanced treatment of kinetics of reactions in gas phase, solutions and solids. Solutions manual is available for instructors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Chemical kinetics.
- Publication date
- 9780123567871 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0123567874 (hbk. : alk. paper)