Chiral soliton models for baryons
- H. Weigel.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- ix, 274 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 743.
- Weigel, H. (Herbert)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction and Motivation.- Quark Flavor Interaction.- Self-Consistent Soliton.- The Skyrme Model.- Soliton Quantization in Flavor SU (2).- Soliton Quantization in Flavor SU (3).- Baryon Properties.- Meson-Baryon Scattering in Chiral Soliton Models.- Exotic Baryons.- Multi-Baryon Systems in the Skyrme Model.- Epilogue.- Appendices.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540754350 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This concise research monograph introduces and reviews the concept of chiral soliton models for baryons. In these models, baryons emerge as (topological) defects of the chiral field. The many applications shed light on a number of bayron properties, ranging from static properties via nucleon resonances and deep inelastic scattering to even heavy ion collisions. As far as possible, the theoretical investigations are confronted with experiment. Conceived to bridge the gap between advanced graduate textbooks and the research literature, this volume also features a number of appendices to help nonspecialist readers to follow in more detail some of the calculations in the main text.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540754350 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 743
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9783540754350 (hbk.)
- 3540754350 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: