Rugged free energy landscapes : common computational approaches in spin glasses, structural glasses and biological macromolecules
- W. Janke (ed.)
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- x, 412 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 736.
- Janke, W. (Wolfhard)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction.- Spin Glasses.- Structural Glasses.- Protein Folding.- Algorithmic Developments.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540740254 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This collection of lectures and tutorial reviews by renowned experts focuses on the common computational approaches in use to unravel the static and dynamical behaviour of complex physical systems at the interface of physics, chemistry and biology. Paradigmatic examples of condensed matter physics are spin and structural glasses and protein folding, as well as their aggregation and adsorption to hard and soft surfaces, in physico-chemical biology. Among the most prominent joint key features of the systems considered in this volume are rugged free-energy landscapes. These generate metastability and are often responsible for very slow dynamics allowing for the system to be trapped in one of the many available local minima. The challenge set forth by the authors of this volume is to provide a common basis and technical language for the (computational) technology transfer between the fields and systems considered.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540740254 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics ; 736
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: