Jets from young stars II : clues from high angular resolution observations
- Francesca Bacciotti, Emma Whelan, Leonardo Testi, (eds.).
- Berlin ; [New York] : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xii, 291 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 742.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Jet Emission.- Adaptive Optics, HST and Spectro-Astronomy.- Interferometry: Technique and Applications.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540680314 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains the edited lecture notes of the Second JETSET School on Jets from Young Stars: Clues from High Angular Resolution Observations organised by the Marie Curie Research Training Network JETSET: Jet Simulations, Experiments and Theory. After the opening two chapters on jet emission, readers can learn the fundamental background of modern high-spatial-resolution techniques, and how such methods have impacted on our understanding of young stars. The lectures provide hands-on insight into: observing from space, e.g. from HST and in the future JWST, and from the ground with adaptive optics, the use of interferometers at millimetre and infrared wavelengths, Spectro-astrometry, image analysis and spectral diagnostic techniques, and High-Angular Resolution studies of the inner regions of circumstellar disks which play a fundamental role in jet launching. The books' practical approach makes it an outstanding and extremely useful textbook for PhD students and young researchers in astronomy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540680314 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Jets from young stars 2
- Jets from young stars two
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 742
- "Second JETSET School on Jets from Young Stars: Clues from High Angular Resolution Observations"--P.  of cover.
- "Second JETSET school ... was held at Marciana Marina, Elba Island, Italy, in September 2006"--Pref.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9783540680314 (hbk.)
- 3540680314 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: