Axions : theory, cosmology, and experimental searches
- M. Kuster, G. Raffelt, B. Beltrán, (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xi, 245 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 741.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The Strong CP Problem and Axions.- Axion Cosmology.- Astrophysical Axion Bounds.- Axions and Large Extra Dimensions.- Axions and Their Relative.- Magnetic and Electric Dipole Moments.- Axions in the Intergalactic B Field.- Cavity Microwave Searches for Cosmological Axions.- Recent Results From the PVLAS Experiment.- Axion Searches in the Past, at Present, and in the Near Future.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Axions are peculiar hypothetical particles that could both solve the CP problem of quantum chromodynamics and at the same time account for the dark matter of the universe. Based on a series of lectures by world experts in this field held at CERN (Geneva), this volume provides a pedagogical introduction to the theory, cosmology and astrophysics of these fascinating particles and gives an up-to-date account of the status and prospect of ongoing and planned experimental searches. Learners and practitioners of astroparticle physics will find in this book both a concise introduction and a current reference work to a showcase topic that connects the 'inner space' of the elementary particle world with the 'outer space' of the universe at large.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 741
- "Based on lectures given at the 1st Joint ILIAS-CERN-CAST axion training in Geneva at CERN in November 2005"--Pref.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9783540735175 (hbk.)
- 3540735178 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: