Quantum plasmadynamics : unmagnetized plasmas
- Donald B. Melrose.
- New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xxi, 464 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 735.
- Melrose, D. B., 1940-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface.- Response 4-Tensors.- Covariant Theory of Wave Dispersion.- Particle and Wave Subsystems.- Dispersion in Relativistic Plasmas.- Classical Plasmadynamics.- Quantam Field Theory.- QPD Processes.- Responses of a Quantam Plasma.- Isotropic Quantam Plasmas.- Spin, MMR and Neutrino Plasma.- Units and Physical Quantities.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387739021 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The field of quantum plasmas has a long and diverse tradition and is becoming of increasing current interest, motivated by applications to micro-electronics and to focused high-power lasers. In this book, plasma kinetic theory is developed a covariant (4-tensor) notation, which facilitates generalizations to include all relativistic and electromagnetic effects. Relativistic quantum effects are incorporated by synthesizing the theory with quantum electrodynamics (QED), including the plasma responses in QED, and using QED to calculate the plasma response 4-tensors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387739021 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics ; 735
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: