Scientific electronic library online [electronic resource] : SciELO
- English, Portuguese, Spanish. Interface available in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- São Paulo, Brasil : FAPESP/BIREME
- An electronic virtual library covering a selected collection of scientific journals. Provides access to abstracts and full text of articles through SciELO interface with title browse, author index, and subject index.
- "SciELO, the Scientific Electronic Library Online, uses a methodology developed by BIREME/PAHO/WHO that enables the implementation of web digital libraries of scientific journal collections of full text articles. Various SciELO gateways are now in operation, providing access to academic journals from Brazil and other countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. SciELO plays a very important role in the worldwide dissemination of the technical and scientific literature published in developing countries, thereby increasing visibility of this literature that otherwise would be accessible only within the borders of those developing countries." --"The SciELO Brazilian Scientific Journal Gateway and Open Archives," D-Lib Magazine, Vol. 9, no. 3, March 2003.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- SciELO Brazil
- Vol/date range
- Began in 1998?
- Title from home page (viewed on Dec. 20, 2004).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.