Outdoor inquiries : taking science investigations outside the classroom
- Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, c2007.
- Physical description
- x, 123 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB1585.3 .O88 2007
- Unknown LB1585.3 .O88 2007
- McGlashan, Patricia.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 120-123).
- Introduction / by Peter Dow
- An overview : how this book is organized
- Preparing for outdoor inquiries
- Getting started with students
- Using field journals
- Mapping the site
- Creating a field guide
- Making a collection
- Observing animal behavior
- Finding investigable questions
- Why teach inquiry-based natural history science?
- Appendix A. Alignment with standards : Outdoor inquiries and the National Science Education Standards
- Appendix B. Resources and references.
- Publication date
- Patricia McGlashan ... [et al.] ; foreword by Hubert M. Dyasi.
- 9780325011202 (alk. paper)
- 0325011206 (alk. paper)