Doing research/reading research : re-interrogating education
- Paul Dowling and Andrew Brown.
- 2nd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 205 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.24 .B76 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -193) and index.
- 1. Introduction: the three Rs of educational research 2. Declaring an Interest: the empirical and theoretical contexts of the research 3. Articulating the Theoretical and Empirical Fields 4. An Ethical Dimension to Research 5. Experience and Observation: the collection of first hand data 6. Gathering Information and Asking Questions: interviews, questionnaires and accounts 7. Quality in Analysis 8. Dealing with Quantity 9. Specialising, Localising and Generalising: a mode of interrogation 10. Opening and Closing the Account. 11 The Practitioner and Educational Research: a manifesto.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415376013 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- This best-selling text provides a scheme which enables the beginning researcher to organize and evaluate the research that they read and to plan and implement small scale research projects of their own. The authors also give structured, practical guidance on the development of a research question, techniques of data collection, qualitative and quantitative forms of analysis, and the writing and dissemination of research. Andrew Brown and Paul Dowling have been active researchers in educational studies for nearly twenty years. They have also supervised numerous doctoral and masters dissertations and taught research methods programmes in various higher education institutions around the world as well as in the Institute of Education University of London.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415376013 20160527
- Publication date
- Related Work
- Brown, Andrew, 1956- Doing research/reading research.
- 9780415376013 (hbk.)
- 0415376017 (hbk.)
- 9780415376020 (pbk.)
- 0415376025 (pbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: