Semiconductor lasers : stability, instability and chaos
- Junji Ohtsubo.
- 2nd, enl. ed.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer Verlag 2008.
- Physical description
- xvii, 476 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 111.
- Ohtsubo, J. (Junji)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -468) and index.
- 1. Introduction.- 2. Chaos in Laser Systems.- 3. Semiconductor Lasers and Theory.- 4. Theory of Optical Feedback in Semiconductor Lasers.- 5. Dynamics of Semiconductor Lasers with Optical Feedback.- 6. Dynamics in Semiconductor Lasers with Optical Injection.- 7. Dynamics of Semiconductor Lasers with Optoelectronic Feedback and Modulation.- 8. Instability and Chaos in Various Laser Structures.- 9. Chaos Control and Applications.- 10. Stabilizations and Semiconductor Lasers.- 11. Stability and Bistability in Feedback Interferometer, and Their Applications.- 12. Chaos Synchronization in Semiconductor Lasers.- 13. Chaotic Communications in Semiconductor Lasers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540726470 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This monograph describes fascinating recent progress in the field of chaos, stability, and instability of semiconductor lasers. Applications and future prospects are discussed in detail. The book emphasizes the various dynamics induced in semiconductor lasers by optical and electronic feedback, optical injection, and injection current modulation. Recent results of both theoretical and experimental investigations are presented. Demonstrating applications of semiconductor laser chaos, control, and noise, Semiconductor Lasers describes suppression and chaotic secure communications. For those who are interested in optics but not familiar with nonlinear systems, a brief introduction to chaos analysis is presented.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540726470 20160528
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences ; 111
Browse related items
Start at call number: