- M. Lemoine, J. Martin, P. Peter (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, 2008.
- Physical description
- x, 428 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 738.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QB991 .I54 I55 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Inflationary Cosmology.- Preheating After Inflation.- Particle Physics Models of Inflation.- Inflation in String Theory.- Predictions in Eternal Inflation.- Inflationary Pertrubations: the Cosmological Schwinger Effect.- The Numerical Treatment of Inflationary Models.- Multiple Field Inflation.- The Quest for Non-Gaussianity.- Production of Topological Defects at the End of Inflation.- Conceptual Problems of Inflationary Cosmology and a New Approach to Cosmological Structure Formation.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540743521 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Some 25 years after the birth of inflationary cosmology this volume sets out to provide a both authoritative and pedagogical introduction and review of the state of the field. Cosmic inflation corresponds to an episode of accelerated expansion of the very early universe and solves nicely a collection of puzzles that had plagued standard cosmology so far. Different scenarios exist, though, and the reader will learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' as the subject and related issues are surveyed. With lectures written by eminent scientists in the field, many of them having made pioneering contributions in the early hours of the field, "Inflationary Cosmology" addresses both senior and younger high-energy physicists, cosmologists and observational astrophysicists seeking both a readable account and reference in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540743521 20160528
- Inflationary universe.
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics ; 738
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9783540743521 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 3540743529 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: