Planar Ising correlations
- John Palmer.
- Boston : Birkhäuser, c2007.
- Physical description
- xx, 363 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Progress in mathematical physics v. 49.
- Palmer, John (John Nelson), 1948-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -356) and index.
- Preface.- I. Ising Model on a Finite Square Lattice.- II. Infinite Volume Limits.- III. Scaling Limits.- IV. Monodromy Preserving Deformations of the Euclidean Dirac Equation.- V. Analysis of Tau Functions.- VI. Holonomic Quantum Fields.- Appendix: Infinite Dimensional Spin Groups.- Bibliography.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817642488 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Steady progress in recent years has been made in understanding the special mathematical features of certain exactly solvable models in statistical mechanics and quantum field theory, including the scaling limits of the 2-D Ising (lattice) model, and more generally, a class of 2-D quantum fields known as holonomic fields. New results have made it possible to obtain a detailed nonperturbative analysis of the multi-spin correlations. In particular, the book focuses on deformation analysis of the scaling functions of the Ising model, and will appeal to graduate students, mathematicians, and physicists interested in the mathematics of statistical mechanics and quantum field theory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817642488 20160528
- Publication date
- Progress in mathematical physics ; v. 49
- 9780817646202 (ebk.)
- 0817646205 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: