The astrophysics of emission-line stars
- Tomokazu Kogure, Kam-Ching Leung.
- New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xiv, 537 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 342.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface.- Introduction.- Stellar Atmospheres and Formation of Emission Lines.- Stellar Spectra and Radiation Fields.- Dynamic Processes in Stellar Atmospheres.-Emission-Line Stars.- Early-type Emission-line Stars.- Late-Type Stars and Close Binaries.- Pre-main Sequence Stars .- Author Index.- Subject Index.- Index of Stellar Objects.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Many types of stars show conspicuous emission lines in their optical spectra. These stars are broadly referred to as emission line stars. Emission line stars are attractive to many people because of their spectacular phenomena and their amazing varieties and variability. This book offers general information on emission line stars, starting from a brief introduction to stellar astrophysics, and then moving to a broad overview of emission line stars including early and late type stars as well as pre-main sequence stars. Detailed references and index are prepared for further reading.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 342
- 9780387345000 (hbk.)j
- 0387345000 (hbk.)
- 9780387689951 (ebk.)
- 0387689958 (ebk.)
- 978387689951 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: