Modern architecture : a critical history
- Kenneth Frampton.
- 4th ed.
- London ; New York : Thames & Hudson, 2007.
- Physical description
- 424 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- World of art.
- Frampton, Kenneth.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 390-412) and index.
- Introduction-- Part I: Cultural Developments and Predisposing Techniques
- 1750 - 1939-- Part II: A Critical History
- 1836 - 1967-- Part III: Critical Assessment and Extension into the Present
- 1925 - 2007.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This acclaimed survey of modern architecture and its origins has become a classic since it first appeared in 1980. For this fourth edition, Kenneth Frampton has added a major new chapter that explores the effects of globalization on architecture in recent years, the rise annd rise of the celebrity architect, and the way in which practices worldwide have addressed such issues as sustainability and habitat. The bibliography has also been updated and expanded, making this volume more complete and indispensable than ever.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- World of art
- "417 illustrations."
- "First published in 1980 in the United States of America by Thames & Hudson Inc."--T.p. verso.
- 9780500203958 (pbk.)
- 0500203954 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: