Introduction to relativistic continuum mechanics
- G. Ferrareses, D. Bini.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xii, 340 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 727.
- Classical Physics: Axiomatic Formulation.- Spacetime Geometry and Relativistic Kinematics.- Test Particle Dynamics.- Applications.- Relativistic Kinematics for a 3-d Continuum.- Elements of Classical Dynamics of a Continuum.- Elements of Relativistic Dynamics of a Continuum.- Elements of Relativistic Thermodynamics of a Continuum.- Relativistic Electromagnetism in Vacuum.- References.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540731665 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This mathematically-oriented introduction takes the point of view that students should become familiar, at an early stage, with the physics of relativistic continua and thermodynamics within the framework of special relativity. Therefore, in addition to standard textbook topics such as relativistic kinematics and vacuum electrodynamics, the reader will be thoroughly introduced to relativistic continuum and fluid mechanics. Emphasis in the presentation is on the 3+1 splitting technique, widely used in general relativity for introducing the relative observers point of view.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540731665 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics ; 727
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: