Youth, education, and sexualities : an international encyclopedia
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2005.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Library has: v.1-
LC192.6 .Y68 2005 V.1
LC192.6 .Y68 2005 V.2
- Library has: v.1-
- Sears, James T. (James Thomas), 1951-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Alphabetical List of Entries-- Guide to Related Entries-- Preface-- Introduction-- A-Z Entries-- Bibliography-- About the Editor and Contributors-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The most authoritative and accessible source available on educations and lesbian and gay youth. Featuring more than 200 entries written by an international team of experts, this work is the most authoritative and accessible source available for educators, researchers and students seeking an understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) youth. This ground-breaking work examines policy, practice and research concerning youth who are often the victims of bullying and harassment. Interdisciplinary, engaging articles examine the policy, practice, and research concerning the role, responses, and responsibilities of schools, educators, and the larger community to LGBT youth. Ranging from the school curriculum to popular culture, topics include: suicide, AIDS and HIV education, teen pregnancy, rural youth, prostitution, mental health, race and racism, counselling, gender roles, identity development, discrimination, anti-bias curriculum, children of LGBT parents, film, homophobia, legal issues, various ethnic groups, prejudice, religion, stereotypes, social class, college youth, and youth culture. There is international coverage as well of the United Kingdom, Asia, Australia, South America, and Europe. The book: is first comprehensive source to look at education and LGBT youth; is written by an international group of experts, covering young people's experiences in a number of countries; comprises of interdisciplinary research offers a discussion of LGBT youth within the context of schools and education policy; contains topics that are directly related to the work of teachers and counsellors, as well as students; contains extensive resource lists provide access to reliable, safe websites; and includes coverage of specific curricula, e.g. art, literature, etc.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- edited by James T. Sears.
- 0313327483 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780313327483 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313327548 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313327544 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313327556 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9780313327551 (v. 2 : alk. paper)