The Praeger handbook of education and psychology
- edited by Joe L. Kincheloe and Raymond A. Horn, Jr. ; Shirley R. Steinberg, associate editor.
- Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2007.
- Physical description
- 4 v. (xiii, 1015 p.) : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1051 .P635 2007 V.1||In-library use|
|LB1051 .P635 2007 V.2||In-library use|
|LB1051 .P635 2007 V.3||In-library use|
|LB1051 .P635 2007 V.4||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Cognition, mind, counseling psychology, lesson plans, learning styles, and Vygotsky are just a few of the many subjects discussed in this exciting work. Educators, students, counselors, parents, and others will find new understanding as they read and browse. How does the immigrant experience affect student outcomes? What are the effects of poverty on standardized testing? How can a teacher or parent develop study skills in the special needs learner? What is the effect of the school environment on students? What are the larger issues at work in educating students of diverse races, cultures, and classes. This work, a rethinking of school psychology, will be an essential resource for educators, parents, psychologist, and others. It combines effective, traditional knowledge with contemporary insights into the nature of today's schools and students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313331220 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 0313331227 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780313331220 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313331235 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313331237 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313331243 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9780313331244 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0313340560 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
- 9780313340567 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
- 0313340579 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
- 9780313340574 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: