Literacy for the new millennium
- edited by Barbara J. Guzzetti.
- Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2007.
- Physical description
- 4 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Praeger perspectives.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: v.1-
|LC149 .L4987 2007 V.1||Unknown|
|LC149 .L4987 2007 V.2||Unknown|
|LC149 .L4987 2007 V.3||Unknown|
|LC149 .L4987 2007 V.4||Unknown|
- Guzzetti, Barbara J.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- v. 1. Early literacy
- v. 2 Childhood literacy
- v. 3 Adolescent literacy
- v. 4 Adult literacy.
- Publisher's Summary
- This four-volume set offers a comprehensive outline of the study and practice of literacy in the United States. Each book in this set is divided into three sections: recent trends and issues impacting the field, issues in assessment and instruction, and issues outside the classroom that impact literacy development and practice. Each of the texts concludes with a chapter on community and professional resources appropriate for the specific age group. The first volume, "Early Literacy", covers infancy and early childhood. Topics such as oral language development, phonics, beginning writing, storytelling and drama, family literacy practices, and instruction for second language learners and special needs children are all addressed. Volume two, "Childhood Literacy", includes information on popular approaches to reading instruction, children's literature, spelling computer and instructional technology, book clubs, after-school programs, No Child Left Behind, and Reading First. "Adolescent Literacy", the third volume, covers supplementary literacy programs for at-risk adolescents, literacy tutors, young adult literature, gender issues, digital literacy, and blogging. Volume four, "Adult Literacy", includes chapters on adult basic education, programs for English language learners, Literacy Volunteers of America, and workplace literacy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Praeger perspectives
- 9780275989699 (set : alk. paper)
- 0275989690 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780275989927 (v.1 : alk. paper)
- 0275989925 (v.1 : alk. paper)
- 9780275989934 (v.2 : alk. paper)
- 0275989933 (v.2 : alk. paper)
- 9780275989941 (v.3 : alk. paper)
- 0275989941 (v.3 : alk. paper)
- 9780275989958 (v.4 : alk. paper)
- 027598995X (v.4 : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: