A soldier's sad story [sound recording] : Vietnam through the eyes of Black America, 1966-73.
- London : Kent Soul : Distributed by Ace Records, p2003.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Bell, William, 1939- Performer
- Giles, Eddy. Performer
- Patton, Big Amos. Performer
- Williams, Mike (Vocalist) Performer
- Tex, Joe, 1933-1982 Performer
- Holiday, Jimmy Performer
- Carr, James, 1942-2001 Performer
- Hicks, Zerben R. Performer
- Barbary, Richard. Performer
- Watkins, Tiny Performer
- Laskey, Emmanuel. Performer
- Edwards, Gloria. Performer
- Payne, Freda Performer
- Starr, Edwin Performer
- Whitney, Carla. Performer
- Withers, Bill, 1938- Performer
- Mayfield, Curtis Performer
- Swamp Dogg. Performer
- Monitors (Musical group) Performer
- Players (Musical group) Performer
- Jive Five (U.S.) Performer
- Johnny & Jon. Performer
- Dynamics (Musical group) Performer
- Mel & Tim Performer
- O'Jays (Musical group) Performer
- Whispers (Musical group) Performer
- Greetings (this is Uncle Sam) (the Monitors) (3:02)
- He'll be back (the Players) (2:45)
- Marching off to war (William Bell) (3:16)
- While I'm away (Baby keep the faith) (Eddy G. Giles & the Jive Five) (2:28)
- Going to Viet Nam (Big Amos [Patton]) (2:56)
- Lonely soldier (Mike Williams) (2:54)
- I believe I'm gonna make it (Joe Tex) (2:59)
- Christmas in Vietnam (Johnny & Jon) (3:03)
- I'm gonna help hurry my brothers home (Jimmy Holiday) (2:59)
- Let's face facts (James Carr) (2:23)
- Lights out (Zerben R. Hicks & the Dynamics) (2:51)
- When Johnny comes marching home (Richard Barbary) (2:44)
- A soldier's sad story (Tiny Watkins) (3:02)
- A letter from Vietnam (Emmanuel Laskey) (2:52)
- Something you couldn't write about (Gloria Edwards) (2:37)
- Mail call time (Mel & Tim) (3:15)
- There's someone (waiting back home) (the O'Jays) (2:28)
- Bring the boys home (Freda Payne) (3:29)
- Stop the war now (Edwin Starr) (3:35)
- P.O.W.-M.I.A. (the Whispers) (4:23)
- War (Carla Whitney) (2:50)
- I can't write left handed (Bill Withers) (6:32)
- Back to the world (Curtis Mayfield) (5:05)
- Sam Stone (Swamp Dogg) (4:01).
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title Variation
- Vietnam through the eyes of Black America, 1966-73
- Previously released material.
- Compact disc.
- Program notes by Tony Rounce and James Maycock (16 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Various performers.
- Publisher Number
- CDKEND 226 Kent Soul
Browse related items
Start at call number: