Encyclopedia of inorganic chemistry
- editor-in-chief, R. Bruce King.
- 2nd ed.
- Chichester ; Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, c2005.
- Physical description
- 10 v. (xxxii, 6333 p.) : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
Library has: v.1-
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.1||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.2||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.3||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.4||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.5||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.6||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.7||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.8||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.9||Available|
|QD148 .E53 2005 V.10||Available|
- King, R. Bruce.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Actinides: Organometallic Chemistry. Activated Complex. Alkali Metals: Organometallic Chemistry. Alkalides. Alkaline Earth Metals: Organometallic Chemistry. Alkane Carbon-Hydrogen Bond Activation. Alkene Complexes. Allyl Complexes. Aluminum: Organometallic Chemistry. Ambidentate Ligand. Ammonolysis. Ancillary Ligand. Antimony: Organometallic Chemistry. Antioxidant. Arsenic: Organoarsenic Chemistry. Arsine & As-donor Ligands. Asymmetric Unit. Beryllium & Magnesium: Organometallic. Chemistry. Beta Sheet. Biomineralization. Biosynthesis. Bismuth: Organometallic Chemistry. Bite Angle. sigma -Bond Metathesis. Borates: Solid-state Chemistry. Borazine. Born-Haber Cycle. Boron: Inorganic Chemistry. Boron: Metallacarbaboranes. Boron: Metalloboranes. Boron: Organoboranes. Boron: Polyhedral Carboranes. Borosilicate Glass. Cadmium: Organometallic Chemistry. Cage Effect. Calixarenes. Carbides: Transition Metal Solid-state Chemistry. Carbocation. Carbon: Fullerenes. Carbon: Inorganic Chemistry. Carbon: Nanotubes. Carbonyl Complexes of the Transition Metals. Carbonyl Compound. Carborane. Ceramic Material. Chalcogens. Chlorophyll. CNDO Calculations. Cobalt: Inorganic & Coordination Chemistry. Cobalt: Organometallic Chemistry. Cobaltocene. Coordination Complexes. Coordination & Organometallic Chemistry: Principles. Coordination Theory. Copper: Hemocyanin/Tyrosinase Models. Copper: Inorganic & Coordination Chemistry. Copper: Organometallic Chemistry. Copper Proteins: Oxidases . Copper Proteins with Dinuclear Active Sites. Copper Proteins with Type 1 Sites. Copper Proteins with Type 2 Sites. Corands. Cyanides. Cytotoxicity. VOLUME III. Defects in Solids. Degenerate Process. Diene Complexes. Dihydrogen Complexes & Related Sigma Complexes. Diketones. Dinucleating Ligand. Dioxygenase. Electrode Potentials. Electron Transfer Reactions: Theory. Electron Transport Chains. Electronic Structure of Organometallic Compounds. Electronic Structure of Solids. Electronic Structure of Clusters. Electronic Transition. Fluorine: Inorganic Chemistry. Fluorocarbons: Organometallic Derivatives. Gallium: Organometallic Chemistry. Gene. Germanium: Organometallic Chemistry. Gibbs Energy. Gold: Organometallic Chemistry. Grain Boundary. Group Numbering System. Hall-Herault Process. Hartree-Fock Theory. Heterogenized Catalyst. High Resolution Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy. beta-Hydride Elimination. Hydroboration. Hydrocarbyl. Hydrodesulfurization & Hydrodenitrogenation. Hydroformylation. Hydrogen: Inorganic Chemistry. Hydrogenase. Hydrometalation. Hydrozirconation. VOLUME IV. Icosahedron. Indium: Organometallic Chemistry. Inert Pair Effect. Insertion. Interchange Mechanism of Substitution. Ionization Potential. Iridium: Organometallic Chemistry. Iron: Heme Proteins & Dioxygen Transport & Storage. Iron: Heme Proteins & Electron Transport. Iron: Heme Proteins, Mono- & Dioxygenases. Iron: Heme Proteins, Peroxidases, Catalases & Catalase-peroxidases. Iron: Inorganic & Coordination Chemistry. Iron: Models of Proteins with Dinuclear Active Sites. Iron: Organometallic Chemistry. Iron Porphyrin Chemistry. Iron Proteins for Storage & Transport & their Synthetic Analogs. Iron Proteins with Dinuclear Active Sites. Iron Proteins with Mononuclear Active Sites. Iron-Sulfur Models of Protein Active Sites. Iron-Sulfur Proteins. Iron Transport: Siderophores. Irving-Williams Series. VOLUME V. Lead: Organometallic Chemistry. Leaving Group. Ligand Substitution. Low Coordinated Group 13 Chelates. Low-energy Electron Diffraction. Low Temperature Limit. Luminescence. Luminescence Behavior & Photochemistry of Organotransition Metal Compounds. LUMO. Madelung Constant. Magnetic Susceptibility. Magnetism of Transition Metal Ions. Magnetochemistry. Main Group Elements. Manganese: Inorganic & Coordination Chemistry. Manganese: Organometallic Chemistry. Manganese Proteins with Mono- & Dinuclear Sites. Manganese: The Oxygen-evolving Complex & Models. Marcus Equation. Melanins. Mercury: Organometallic Chemistry. Mercury Photosensitization. Metal-based Imaging Agents. Metal Carbonyl Clusters. Metal-mediated Protein Modification. Metal Nanoparticles, Organization & Applications of Metal Nanoparticles, Synthesis of. Metal-Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition. Metal Storage. Metallacycle. Metallochaperones & Metal Ion Homeostasis. Metalloid. Metalloregulation. Metallothioneins. Metals. Methanogen. Mixed Oxidation States. Mixed Valence Compounds, Classification. Molecular Orbitals. Molybdenum: MPT-containing Enzymes. Molybdenum: Organometallic Chemistry. Mond Process. VOLUME VI. Nickel: Inorganic & Coordination Chemistry. Nickel: Models of Protein Active Sites. Nickel: Organometallic Chemistry. Nickelocene. Niobium & Tantalum: Organometallic Chemistry. Nitride Complexes. Nitrogen Fixation. Nitrogen Monoxide (Nitric Oxide): Bioinorganic Chemistry. Nitrogenase Catalysis & Assembly. Nitrogenase: Metal Cluster Models. Nitrosyl Complexes. Node. Nonlinear Optical Materials. Nucleic Acids. Nyholm-Gillespie Model. Organic Synthesis Using Metal-mediated Metathesis Reactions. Organic Synthesis using Organometallic Reagents of Group 1, 2, 11, & 12 Metals. Organic Synthesis using Transition Metal Complexes Containing pi-Bonded Ligands. Organoelement Chemistry. Osmium: Organometallic Chemistry. Osmocene. Oxidation Number. Oxides: Solid-state Chemistry. Oxidoreductase. Oxygenase. VOLUME VII. p-Orbitals. Palladium: Organometallic Chemistry. Paramagnetic Organometallic Complexes. Paramagnetism. Periodic Table. Periodic Table: Trebds in the properties of the elements. Peroxidases. Phosphazenes. Phosphorescence. Phosphorus-Nitrogen Compounds. Phosphorus: Organphosphorus chemistry. Photochemistry. Photochemistry of transition metal complexes: theory. Photochromism. Photosensitization. Photosystem I. Platinum: Inorganic & coordination chemistry. Platinum: Organometallic chemistry. Pnictide. Polonium: Organometallic chemistry. Polyacrylamide gel electophorsesis. Polythydride. Polyoxometalates. Polypeptide. Polyprotic Acid. Porous inorganic materials. Poryphyrin. Racah parameter. Rhodium: inorganic & coordination chemistry. Rhodium: Organometallic chemistry. Ring opening metathesis polymerization reactions. Ruthenium: Organometallic chemistry. VOLUME VIII. S-donor ligands. s-Orbitals. Scandium, yttrium & the lanthanides: Organometallic chemistry. Scanning tunneling microscope. Selenium: Organoselenium chemistry. Selenium proteins containing slenocysteine. Self-assembled inorganic architectures. Self-assembly. Semiconductor nanocrystal quantum dots. Semiconductors. Semimetal. Side-on cooporation. Silicon: organosilicon chemistry. Silver: inorganic and coordination chemistry. Silver: organometallic chemistry. Simmons-smith reaction. Sol-gel synthesis of solids. Solid solutions. Solids: Computer modelling. Silds: defects. Staudinger reaction. Stereochemistry. Strukturbericht symbols. Sulfur: inorganic chemistry. Sulfur-nitrogen compounds. Sulfur: Organic polysulfanes. Sum frequency generation. Superconductivity in solids. Surface enhanced Raman scattering. Suzuki coupling. Symport. VOLUME IX. Technetium & rhenium: inorganic & coordination chemistry. Tellurium: Inorganic chemistry. Tellurium: Organotellurium chemistry. Templating. Thallium: Organometallic chemistry. Thermite reaction. Thiocarbonyl. Tin: Organometallic chemistry. Titanium: Inorganic and coordination chemistry. Titanium: Organometallic chemistry. Titanocene. Transition metal complexes with bulky allyl ligands. Transition metals. Tungsten: Organometallic chemistry. Tungsten proteins. Turnover. Vanadium: Inorganic and coordination chemistry. Vanadium: Organometallic chemistry. Vanadocene. Wavefunction. Zero point energy. Zinc enzymes. Zinc finger. Zinc: organometallic chemistry. Zintl border. Zirconium & hafnium: inorganic and coordination chemistry. Zirconium & hafnium: organometallic chemistry. ZSM. VOLUME X. Abbreviations and Acronyms. List of Contributors. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470860786 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is the ultimate resource on inorganic chemistry - new and completely revised, 10 years after publication of the First Edition. The first edition of the "Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry" treated the elements of the periodic system in alphabetical order, with multiple entries for key elements. The articles from the First Edition were written more than 10 years ago and all areas of inorganic chemistry have seen such a vigorous development that it was necessary to update most articles and to add a considerable number of new articles. The result of this major work is the proud "Encylopedia of Inorganic Chemistry Second Edition" (EIC-2). It features colour and 30 percent growth on previous edition. It contains 6,640 pages and is published in 10 volumes. EIC-2 continues to present articles in alphabetical order, but the content has been slightly reorganized to the following subject areas: Main Group Elements; Transition Metals and Coordination Chemistry; Organometallic Chemistry; Bioinorganic Chemistry; Solid State, Materials, Nanomaterials and Catalysis; and General Inorganic Chemistry, Theoretical and Computational Methods.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470860786 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0470860782 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 9780470860786 (cloth : acid-free paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: