The Blackwell encyclopedia of sociology
- edited by George Ritzer.
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., c2007.
- Physical description
- 11 v. (cxxiv, 5650 p.) : ill. ; 26 cm.
Find it Stacks
Library has: v.1-
Library has: Index: v.11
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.1||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.2||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.3||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.4||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.5||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.6||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.7||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.8||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.9||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.10||Unknown|
|HM425 .B53 2007 V.11||Unknown|
- Ritzer, George.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contributors.Introduction.Entries in alphabetical order (each volume A-E / F-K / etc) including cross references and further reading and ranging from 500-6000 words per entry.Lexicon by subject area.Bibliography.Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405124331 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The "Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology" is published in both print and online. Arranged across eleven volumes in A-Z format, it is the definitive reference source for students, researchers, and academics in the field. This ground-breaking project brings together specially commissioned entries written and edited by an international team of the world's best scholars and teachers. It provides: clear, concise, expert definitions and explanations of the key concepts; an essential reference for expert and newcomer alike, with entries ranging from short definitions of key terms to extended explorations of major topics; materials that have historically defined the discipline, but also more recent developments, significantly updating the store of sociological knowledge.It has introductions to sociological theories and research that have developed outside of the United States and Western Europe. It includes sophisticated cross-referencing and search facilities Timeline, lexicon by subject area, bibliography, and index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405124331 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Table of contents also issued online.
- 1405124334 (set : hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781405124331 (set : hardback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: