French Colonial Africa. Christian missionary postcard collection, ca. 1922-1959
- Physical description
- 1.5 manuscript boxes (398 postcards)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M1602 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M1602 BOX 2||In-library use|
- Arranged alphabetically by country name. Box
- 1: Algeria, Angola, Cameroons, Congo, Cote-d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Cote d'Or (Gold Coast, West Africa), Dahomey (Republic of Benin), Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Lessouto (Lesotho, Basutoland), Madagascar, Malawi. Box
- 2: Miscellaneous unidentified countries, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), Ruanda-Urundi (Rwanda), Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Togo, Uganda.
- Cards portray primarily Catholic missions in French colonial Africa, but not exclusively. Some are Italian, particularly for the Missioni della Consolata.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; please submit requests for boxes at least 36 hours in advance of use.
- Purchased, 2007. Accession 2007-306.
- Apparently unrelated by original recipient as most have no written messages. Those that do are usually written in French.
Browse related items
Start at call number: