Handbook of energy efficiency and renewable energy
- edited by Frank Kreith, D. Yogi Goswami.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings),  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps ; 27 cm.
- Mechanical engineering series (Boca Raton, Fla.)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction, D. Yogi Goswami Global Energy Systems, D.Y. Goswami and F. Kreith Energy Policy U.S. State and Federal Policies for Renewable, C. Namovicz International Policies for Renewable Energy, M. Durstewitz Energy Policies in India, A. Misra Energy Policies in Israel, G. Grossman Renewable Energy Policies for China, D. Lew Japanese Policy on Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy, K. Sakuta Renewable Energy Policies in Brazil, R. Ruther Policies for Distributed Generation, J. Bell Economic Methods, Walter Short Environmental Impacts and Costs of Energy, A. Rabl and J.V. Spadaro Distributed Generation and Demand Side Management Distributed Generation Technologies, A.T. De Almeida Integration of DG into Grid, A.T. De Almeida Demand-Side Management, C. Gellings and K. Parmenter Generation Technologies through the Year 2025 Fossil Fuels, T. Armor Nuclear Power Technologies, K. Kok and E. Harvego Outlook for US Energy Consumption and Prices in the Mid-Term, A. Kydes Transportation Systems, B. Isler Energy Infrastructure, Risks Analysis and Management Infrastructure Risk Analysis and Management, B. Ayyub Electricity Infrastructure Security, M. Amin Electrical Energy Management in Buildings, C. Smith and K. Parmenter Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Control Systems, J.F. Kreider, D. Claridge, and C.H. Culp Energy Efficient Technologies Introduction, F. Kreith Electric Motor Systems Efficiency, A.T. De Almeida and S. Greenberg Energy-Efficient Lighting Technologies and Their Application in the Commercial and Residential Sector, B. Atkinson, A. Denver, J. McMahon, G. Rosenquist, and R. Clear Major Appliances and Space Conditioning Equipments, J. McMahon, G. Rosenquist, J. Lutz, A. Lekov, P. Biermayer, and S. Meyers Heat Pumps, K. Johnson Compact Heat Exchangers -- Recuperators and Regenerators, R. Shah Industrial Energy Efficiency and Energy Management, B. Capehart, C.B Smith, and W. Rohrer, Jr Process Energy Efficiency: Pinch Technology, K.K Trivedi Pinch Technology in Practice, E. Fouche and K. Parmenter Energy Audits for Buildings, M. Krarti Co-generation, D. Turner Energy Storage Energy Storage Technologies, R. Hammerschlag Advanced Concepts in Transmission and Distribution, R. Pratt Availability of Renewable Resources Solar Energy, D. Renne Resource Availability: Wind Energy, D. Berg Municipal Solid Waste, M. Franklin Biomass, R. Brown Solar Thermal Energy Conversion Active Solar Heating Systems, A. Reddy and H. Schweiger Solar Heat for Industrial Process, H. Schweiger, R. Battisti, and W. Weiss Passive Solar Heating, Cooling, and Daylighting, J. Morehouse Solar Cooling, S. Vijayaraghavan and D.Y. Goswami Solar Thermal Power, M. Romero-Alvarez and E. Zarza Wind Energy Conversion, D. Berg Photovoltaics Fundamentals, Technology and Application Photovoltaics, R. Messenger Thin film PV Technology, A. Tiwari Waste-to-Energy Combustion, C. Velzy and L. Grillo Biomass Conversion Processes for Energy Recovery Energy Recovery by Anaerobic Digestion Process, M. Kayhanian and G. Tchobanoglous Power Generation, R. Brown Bio-fuels, R. Brown Geothermal Power Generation, K. Kitz Hydrogen Energy Technologies, S. A. Sherif, F. Barbir, T.N. Veziroglu, M. Mahishi, and S.S. Srinivasan Fuel Cells, X. Li Appendix 1: The International System of Units, Fundamental Constants, and Conversion Factors Appendix 2: Solar Radiation Data Appendix 3: Properties of Gases, Vapors, Liquids and Solids Appendix 4: Ultimate Analysis of Biomass Fuels Appendix 5: Thermophysical Properties of Refrigerants.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Global energy consumption in the last half century has increased and is projected to continue increasing. However, we expect to see a significant difference between the last 50 years and the next. As the world's fossil fuel supplies dwindle, renewable energy sources and conservation will come to the forefront. Brought to you by the creator of numerous bestselling handbooks, the "Handbook of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy" provides a thorough grounding in the analytic techniques and technological developments that underpin renewable energy use and environmental protection. The handbook emphasizes the engineering aspects of energy conservation and renewable energy. Taking a world view, the editors discuss key topics underpinning energy efficiency and renewable energy systems. They provide content at the forefront of the contemporary debate about energy and environmental futures. This is vital information for engineers, teachers, energy professionals, and policy makers involved in planning a secure energy future. Practical in approach, the book covers technologies currently available or expected to be ready for implementation in the near future. It sets the stage with a survey of current and future world-wide energy issues, then explores energy policies and incentives for conservation and renewable energy, covers economic assessment methods for conservation and generation technologies, and discusses the environmental costs of various energy generation technologies. The book goes on to examine distributed generation and demand side management procedures and gives a perspective on the efficiencies, economics, and environmental costs of fossil and nuclear technologies. Highlighting energy conservation as the cornerstone of a successful national energy strategy, the book covers energy management strategies for industry and buildings, HVAC controls, co-generation, and advances in specific technologies such as motors, lighting, appliances, and heat pumps. It explores energy storage and generation from renewable sources and underlines the role of infrastructure security and risk analysis in planning future energy transmission and storage systems. These features and more make the "Handbook of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy" the tool for designing the energy sources of the future.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Mechanical engineering series
- Also available on the Internet.
- 9780849317309 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0849317304 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: