Particle accelerator physics
- Helmut Wiedemann.
- 3rd ed.
- Berlin : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 948 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Wiedemann, Helmut, 1938-
- Includes bibliographic references (p. -935) and index.
- Tools we Need.- Beam Dynamics.- Beam Parameters.- Perturbations.- Acceleration.- Coupled Motion.- Intense Beams.- Synchrotron Radiation.- Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540490432 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Particle Accelerator Physics" is an in-depth and comprehensive introduction to the field of high-energy particle acceleration and beam dynamics. Part I gathers the basic tools, recalling the essentials of electrostatics and electrodynamics as well as of particle dynamics in electromagnetic fields. Part II is an extensive primer in beam dynamics, followed in Part III by the introduction and description of the main beam parameters. Part IV is devoted to the treatment of perturbations in beam dynamics. Part V discusses the details of charged particle acceleration. Part VI and Part VII introduce the more advanced topics of coupled beam dynamics and the description of very intense beams. Part VIII is an exhaustive treatment of radiation from accelerated charges and introduces important sources of coherent radiation such as synchrotrons and free-electron lasers. Part IX collects the appendices gathering useful mathematical and physical formulae, parameters and units. Solutions to many end-of-chapter problems are given. This textbook is suitable for an intensive two-semester course starting at the advanced undergraduate level.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540490432 20160528
- Publication date
- "With 264 figures".
Browse related items
Start at call number: