Safety sense : a laboratory guide
- 2nd ed.
- Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. : Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- viii, 105 p. ; 23 cm.
T55.3 .H3 S24 2007
- In-library use T55.3 .H3 S24 2007
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 2-3).
- Introduction General Safety and Disposal Cautions General Properties of Common Chemicals Hazardous Materials Appendix 1: Incompatible Chemicals Appendix 2: Most Commonly Used Isotopes with Their Radioactive Half-lives, Detection Methods, and Shielding Methods Appendix 3: Resistance of Some Plastics to Chemicals and Sterilization Appendix 4: Chemical- and Liquid-Resistant Gloves.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a slim, benchtop reference collection of tips and warnings on the safe handling of chemicals and biologicals, listed alphabetically by compound. Extracted from a wide range of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press manuals, this valuable information is presented in a handy format designed for easy use. The volume also includes helpful charts and tables.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Rev. ed. of : Safety sense : a laboratory standard.
- "Front inside cover: Periodic Table of the Elements".--Verso.
- "Back inside cover: Commonly Used Hazard Symbols".--Verso.
- Commonly used hazard symbols on p.  of cover.
- 9780879697839 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0879697830 (pbk. : alk. paper)