UV-visible spectrophotometry of water and wastewater
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2007.
- Physical description
- xi, 360 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Techniques and instrumentation in analytical chemistry v. 27.
QD117 .S64 U98 2007
- Unknown QD117 .S64 U98 2007
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: The basics of spectrophotometric measurement Chapter 2: From spectra to qualitative and quantitative results Chapter 3: Organic constituents Chapter 4: Aggregate organic constituents Chapter 5: Mineral constituents Chapter 6: Physical and aggregate properties Chapter 7: Natural water Chapter 8: Urban wastewater Chapter 9: Industrial wastewater Chapter 10: Leachates and organic extracts from solids Chapter 11: UV spectra library.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "UV-Visible Spectrophotometry of Water and Wastewater" is the first book dedicated to the use of UV spectrophotometry for water and wastewater quality monitoring. Using practical examples, the reader is shown how this technique can be a source of new methods of characterization and measurement. Easy and fast to run, this simple and robust analytical technique must be considered as one of the best ways to obtain a quantitative estimation of specific or aggregate parameters (eg. Nitrate, TOC), and simultaneously qualitative information on the global composition of water and its variation. First electronic library of UV-spectra providing data is readily available for researchers and users. It provides a theoretical basis for further research in the field of spectra exploitation and contains helpful practical applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by O. Thomas and C. Burgess.
- Techniques and instrumentation in analytical chemistry, 0167-9244 ; v. 27
- 9780444530929 (hbk.)
- 0444530924 (hbk.)