How and where to go beyond the standard model : proceedings of the International School of Subnuclear Physics
- edited by Antonino Zichichi.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2007.
- Physical description
- viii, 428 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Subnuclear series ; v. 42.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Lattice QCD (R D Kenway)-- Present Status of Supersymmetry (S Ferrara)-- Complexity at Elementary Level (A Zichichi)-- The Hidden SUSY Face of QCD (G Veneziano)-- The Black Hole Information Problem (G 't Hooft)-- Highlights from VIRGO (A Giazotto)-- Exploring the Proton's Spin at PHENIX (C A Aidala)-- New Issues in the Inflationary Scenario (G Imponente)-- Little Supersymmetry with Heavy Sfermions (J Wagner)-- Compact Stars in the Standard Model and Beyond (J F Sandin)-- and other papers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume is a collection of lectures given during the 42nd Course of the International School of Subnuclear Physics. The contributions cover the most recent advances in theoretical physics and the latest results from current experimental facilities. In line with one of the aims of the school, which is to encourage and promote young physicists to achieve recognition at an international level, the students' recognized for their research excellence were given the opportunity to publish their work in this volume. Their contributions are joined by those from many distinguished lecturers in the field from around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International School of Subnuclear Physics
- The Subnuclear series ; v. 42
- "August/September 2004, a group of 52 physicists ... met in Erice to participate in the 42nd Course of the International School of Subnuclear Physics"--Pref.
Browse related items
Start at call number: