Chemical physics research trends
- Samuel V. Arnold, editor.
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2007.
- Physical description
- xiii, 352 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Horizons in world physics ; v. 252.
- Arnold, Samuel V.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface-- A New Formula for Averaging Physical Quantities-- Electron-phonon Interactions and their applications to Novel Nanoelectronics I: The effect of Atomic Substitutions-- Self-Assembly of Block Copolymers in Selective Solvents-- Photoluminescence of some Poly (para-phenylene) Conjugated Polymers doped with Phosphorescent and Fluorescent Dyes-- Exploring Basic Chemical Concepts with the Quantum Theory of Atoms in Molecules-- Novel Pyropheophorbide Fullerene conjugates as part of Modular Carrier Systems in PDT and as promising units in Artificial Photosynthesis-- Chalcones: Possible New Materials for Third-Order Non-linear Optics-- Relationships among Parameters of Molecular Potential Energy Functions: Theory and Applications-- Gaussian Basis sets for Correlated Wave Functions: Application in HF, MP2, and DFT Calculations of Molecular (hyper) Polarisability-- Calculation of Phase Transitions in ice which do not obey the Clapeyron Equation-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781600215544 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Chemical physics and physical chemistry are closely related fields of study. Together they are distinguished from other disciplines by the incredible range of problems addressed by their practitioners. An effective physical chemist or chemical physicist is a "jack-of-all-trades", able to apply the principles and techniques of the field to everything from high-tech materials to biology. Just as the fields of chemistry and physics have expanded, so have chemical physics subject areas, which include polymers, materials, surfaces/interfaces, and biological macromolecules, along with the traditional small molecule and condensed phase systems. This book gathers important research from around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781600215544 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Horizons in world physics : v. 252
- 9781600215544 (hardcover)
- 1600215548 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: