Mouth of the lower Grand Cañon of the Colorado River [electronic resource]
- U.S. Geographical Surveys West of the 100th Meridian, 1871.
- View of the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon probably in Mohave County (later Grand Canyon National Park), Arizona. Shows a human figure with probably a walking stick on a rock beside the river and layered rock walls in the distance.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale varies.
- "Plate No. XX is an illuminated sketch made from a photograph taken in the Grand Cañon near its mouth ... The sun breaking through upon the vari-colored sedimentary beds enlivens a contrast of colors that no artist can accurately copy"-- v. 1, p. 163.
- Scanned raster image of original: 1 print : lithograph, col. ; image and text 26 x 16 cm.
- Original in the David Rumsey Collection; scanned by Cartography Associates.
- Report upon United States Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian. Washington [D.C.] : G.P.O., 1875-1889. v. 1, pl. XX