This business of music : the definitive guide to the music industry
- M. William Krasilovsky and Sidney Schemel ; contributions by John M. Gross, Jonathan Feinstein.
- 10th ed.
- New York : Billboard Books/An Imprint Of Watson-Guptill Publications, 2007.
- Physical description
- 510 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
|ML3790 .K73 2007||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- pt. 1. Music business trends and transformation
- pt. 2. Record industry agreements and practices
- pt. 3. Music publisher and writer agreements and practices
- pt. 4. Other aspects of the music business.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Bible of the music industry which is now in its tenth edition, "This Business of Music" has been revised and completely updated to reflect the latest changes in the ever-evolving music business. Commentary on recent legislation, a reader-friendly summary of the laws on copyright duration and much more insightful analysis - plus fully updated lists of music organizations and important websites - make "This Business of Music" indispensable for musicians, agents, managers, marketers, music publishers and groups, colleges and universities - everyone who wants to make music and make money. M. William Krasilovsky is an attorney specializing in music and copyright. He has been a trustee of the Copyright Society of America, an associate counsel to the Songwriters Guild of America, attorney for Warner Bros. and Microsoft and special music counsel to the UN. Sidney Shemel died in 1994, and his work on the first six editions is still very much in evidence throughout the current text. John M. Gross is a graduate of Harvard Law School and practices entertainment and music law.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780823077236 20160528
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2003.
- 9780823077236 (hbk.)
- 0823077233 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: