The musician's business and legal guide
- 4th ed.
- Upper Saddle River, NJ : Pearson/Prentice Hall, c2008.
- Physical description
- vi, 458 p. : ill., forms ; 28 cm.
ML3790 .M84 2008
- Unknown ML3790 .M84 2008
- Includes index.
- CHAPTER 1: GETTING STARTED: MUSIC AS A BUSINESS CHAPTER 2: PROTECTING YOUR COMPOSITIONS CHAPTER 3: MUSIC PUBLISHING CHAPTER 4: PERFORMING AND MARKETING CHAPTER 5: MANAGERS CHAPTER 6: RECORDING.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- For courses in Overview of the Music Industry, Copyright and Publishing, Recording and Merchandising: Major and Independent Levels, Performing and Marketing Your Music, and Managers and Agents. Definitive in scope and written specifically for musicians and songwriters by top professionals currently working in the industry, this text demystifies the music business and the indecipherable body of law which shapes it, and provides substantive information on actual practices--with clause-by-clause commentaries on all major contracts in the industry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- compiled and edited by Mark Halloran ; a presentation of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, Committee for the Arts.
- Rev. ed of: The musician's business and legal guide. Rev. 3rd ed. c2001.