The Messiah in the Old and New Testaments
- edited by Stanley E. Porter.
- Grand Rapids, Mich. : William B. Eerdmans, c2007.
- Physical description
- xiv, 268 p. ; 23 cm.
- McMaster New Testament studies.
- Porter, Stanley E., 1956-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction: the Messiah in the Old and New Testaments / Stanley E. Porter
- Part I: Old Testament and related perspective
- The Messiah: explorations in the Law and writings / Tremper Longman III
- Figuring the future: the Prophets and Messiah / Mark J. Boda
- The Messiah in the Qumran documents / Al Wolters
- Messianic ideas in the Apocalyptic and related literature of early Judaism / Loren T. Stuckenbruck
- Part II: New Testament perspective
- Jesus as Messiah in Mark and Matthew / I. Howard Marshall
- The Messiah in Luke and Acts: forgiveness for the captives / Stanley E. Porter
- Remembering Jesus: John's negative Christology / Tom Thatcher
- Divine life and corporate Christology: God, Messiah Jesus, and the covenant community in Paul / S. A. Cummins
- Messianic themes of temple, enthronement, and victory in Hebrews and the General Epistles / Cynthia Long Westfall
- The Messiah in the Old and New Testaments: a response / Craig A. Evans.
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- McMaster New Testament studies
- "This collection of papers brings together the thoughts, responses, and revised thoughts of the participants in the 2004 H. H. Bingham Colloquium in New Testament at McMaster Divinity College in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada"--Preface.
- 0802807666 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780802807663 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: